Saturday, May 16, 2015

Wrapping up my third season at Death Valley National Park

I had the great joy of working alongside my brother, Sean, for my third ranger season at Death Valley.  We both worked as park rangers at the historic Scotty's Castle doing living history from 1939.  Living and working together was a blast and a joy because Sean and I are usually separated by a few thousand miles, working in different places.  Here's a few pictures of Sean and I working together and a few of our adventures in April, 2015.  Our sister, Kate, and her husband, Leslie, also came to visit us in April.


Kate and Leslie in Death Valley

Sean, me, and Kate at Artist's Palate 

Leslie, Sean, me, and Kate in front of the 1914 Packard

Sean and I did a grueling hike to see the wreckage of this military albatross that crash landed in the 1950s.

Sean and me at Scotty's Castle

Sean and me on top of Telescope Peak

Sean and me next to a fox-tail pine near the top of Telescope Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment